Dr. Tri Budhi Sastrio – email: email@example.com HP. (031) 70344260
The Requirements to be fulfilled in order to get a score:
1. The digital answer version must be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The latest dateline to send and submit the answer is 31 July 2009
3. The printed answer version must be submitted to the English Department (to Sekjur Prodi Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris, Mr. Budi) then the Sek-Prodi will send them to me in Surabaya.
4. The score will be announced through this web based on your individual e-mail (around a week after the dateline).
5. Do not send the answer by using another student’s e-mail
1. What do you know about pidgin? Mention and identifying 3 characteristics of pidgin!
2. Holmes (1992) proposes that human being and a language are alike in their growth (development). What does it mean?
3. Vernacular language and lingua franca are two of linguistics varieties which are found in multilingual nation. What are the differences between them? Clarify your answer with some illustrations!
4. All of you have experienced and done code mixing and code switching in your daily life. Construct two speech events or dialogues: one showing code mixing phenomena and the other showing code switching.
5. Clarify the following terms: (a) creole; (b) language shift; (c) national language; (d) language death.
Write down a page opinion relating to you perspective on the future of sociolinguistics and its role for modern society!